Digicel Prepaid Roaming
Prepaid Roaming is a premium service offered by Digicel allowing its customers to make and receive calls, send and receive SMS while outside their home network.
How it works
- All Digicel prepaid accounts are pre-provisioned for roaming, so there is no need to contact Customer Care for activation.
- All you need is an active prepaid Digicel account and topup your account woth sufficient credit before leaving your country
- Once you arrive in the visiting country, turn on the handset. Most handsets should automatically update to the strongest available network. If not, you can manually select the preferred network by choosing the manual search mode from the Network Settings option in the handset.
- Receiving a call on a visited network will be the same as receiving a call on the home network. A party calling from your home country dials your seven digit number as usual and the call gets routed through your home network to the visited network. There are no extra charges incurred by the calling party.
- When a message is sent to you while roaming, it can be located in the inbox of the messages section of the handset. To receive a message is FREE!
- Making a call or sending a message while roaming is slightly different from the norm. All numbers should be dialed using the international dialing format. For instance to call Aruba (even where this is the home network) +297 must be placed before the seven digit number.