FAQ - Online Top Up
- What do I need to use Digicel Online Top Up?
- A registered Digicel Online Top Up account
- A valid credit or debit card –(VISA Credit cards, VISA Debit cards, VISA Electron cards, VISA Delta cards, MasterCard Credit cards, MasterCard Debit cards and Maestro cards are accepted
- An active prepaid Digicel number
- Can I send credit to any Digicel number regardless of the territory?
Yes. The service is available to all other Digicel territories.
- Do I receive some form of receipt for my transaction?
Yes. Once your transaction is successful you will receive confirmation:
- On screen
- In an email
- In the transaction history tab
- The recipient receives a text message confirming the top up
- How do I view my Account History?
You may view their Account History by following the ‘History’ link in sub navigation bar.
- What is the exchange rate when purchasing credit?
Exchange rates are calculated automatically. The application will state the total amount the recipient will get before you submit the transaction.
- Is there a charge to use the service?
Yes. For each transaction, there will be a charge of US$0.31 + 2.2% of the transaction amount. This fee pays for the processing of your transaction through secure bank and payment processing systems. This is done to ensure the security of your account and payment cards and of the website.
- Is tax added to the purchases?
Sales or Value Added Taxes are applied to purchases according to the Digicel country that receives the top up. The value top up received is minus the tax amount.
- Is there any way to verify the amount the recipient will receive?
The following sms will be sent to the recipient:
“Your mobile phone has been recharged with $ XXX.XX from Digicel Top Up Online. Your New Balance is XXX.XX and your reference number is XXXXX.”
- What happens if I enter an invalid phone number?
The system verifies each number that is entered for a top up and will return a message advising whether or not the Top Up can be completed.
- Do I need to enter my credit card details every time I want to send credit?
Yes. Your credit card details are not stored on Digicel’s Online Top Up system to ensure your own security. Therefore, you will need to enter them each time you want to send credit.
- Can I top up when I am abroad?
Yes. Once you have created your account at home you can access it from anywhere in the world.