FAQ - VOICEMAIL
- How do I record a greeting?
- Select 3 from your menu options and then follow the voice prompts.
- When recording your greeting, you should speak clearly into your handset’s mouthpiece. It is best to choose a quiet location to record your greeting to avoid background noises in the final recording.
- We recommend that in your greeting, you ask that the caller leaves a name and contact number so you would know how to reach them
- How do I set my password?
For security purposes we encourage you to set a password for your voicemail. In addition, you will be prompted to enter a password if you try to access your voicemail while roaming or if you try to dial into your mailbox from a landline.
- Dial 144
- Select 4 from the menu option.
- From the next menu you hear, select Option 2
- Then press 1 to set a new password
- How do I access my Voicemail while from a fixed line or while roaming?
- Dial 297740000 while roaming
- If prompted to enter your mailbox number, dial your mobile number (10 digits, eg. 297 xxx xxxx)
- Enter your password
- How do I prioritise my message delivery?
You can make your message the first message that the person you are calling hears when they log into their voicemail. To do this:
- When you have finished recording your message, press #
- When prompted, select 3 for the Delivery Options menu
- Select Option 1 to set the time you want the message to be delivered
- Then, select Option 2 to set the status of the message
- Do I pay for listening to received message when I am roaming?
Calls deposited in your mailbox while you are roaming are treated as incoming calls and are charged at the per minute roaming rate. To avoid these charges, we recommend that you contact Customer Care before you leave the island and have your voicemail service suspended for the duration of your trip.